Our interns, supervised by our clinic manager and executive director, offer counselling in the following areas:
- Trauma, including complex trauma stemming from severe abuse, neglect, violence, and other adverse childhood experiences.
- Patterns of abuse in relationships, including counselling for people involved in criminal Justice processes.
- Family of origin, attachment, and development.
- Sexual behaviour problems and use of violence in relationships.
- Sexual and intimate partner victimization.
Our clinic manager and other staff therapists typically focus on providing direct services to clients who fall under one of our funded programmes:
- Our services offered in partnership with the Halifax Domestic Violence Court Programme are only open to clients referred from that Court. We offer roughly 10 spaces for individual therapy and two open-intake, semi-structured therapy groups focused on men's wellness. Each group has space for 15 participants.
- We also offer services specific to people who have experienced commercial or other forms of sexual exploitation or human trafficking.
- We offer therapy and assessment to clients of the Halifax Refugee Clinic, Child Welfare, and Justice agencies. Some of these services are paid for by our partner agencies.
Our supervision model ensures competent care:
- Our clinic manager provides supervision for our interns and staff therapists. Supervision includes direct consultation and weekly structured team meetings. In these meetings the supervisor teaches counselling techniques and theory, guides decisions about cases, and troubleshoots other practice issues.
- All formal correspondence with courts, probation, or other agencies is reviewed and signed by our clinic manager to ensure quality and accountability.
If you already meet with one of us, book using the online scheduler, phone, or email as arranged with your counsellor.
- We offer low-barrier clinical services. As such, we do not maintain a wait list or have cancellation policies. If you could not make your last appointment, feel free to schedule another.
If you would like to schedule an intake:
- We are currently accepting referrals (including self-referrals) for our free counselling clinic, ManTalk Group and Inside Out Wellness Group.
- Most of our services are free and there is no means or needs testing involved in the intake process.
- Please contact us by phone (902-832-1593) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.